West University of Timișoara are pleased to invite you to the fourth edition of the Timișoara Workshop on Research Methods – Text-To-Data, November 29-30th, 2019. The workshop covers broadly methodological aspects of quantitative text analysis and the application of such methodologies. We are inviting presentations applying various text analysis methods, which include the following:
- classical content analysis methods
- dictionary-based methods
- classification and machine learning methods
- scaling methods
- topic models
- qualitative techniques of human coding and annotation for the purposes of validation for automated approaches
Presentations problematizing fundamental issues of quantitative text analysis are also encouraged, on topics such as inter-coder agreement, reliability, validation, accuracy, and precision.
Our keynote speakers are:
- Zoltán Fazekas, from Copenhagen Business School;
- Iulia Cioroianu, University of Bath, and
- Daniela Crăciun, from Bard College, Berlin.
Each presentation will benefit of 30 min time slot, which we plan to include 10 minutes of discussions. Participants are offered the opportunity to develop their presentation in a manuscript to be submitted to the Special Issue: Applied Quantitative Text Analysis, coordinated by the key-note-speakers, and hosted by the Romanian Journal of Political Science, Vol. 20, no. 2, Winter 2020.
- October 30th, 2019 Extended abstracts submission
- November 15th, 2019 Final program announcement
- November 28-29th, 2019 Methods workshop
- January, 3rd, 2020 Manuscript submission
- June, 2020 Final decision on publication