The overarching theme of the 10 th edition of The European Social Work Conference (ESCWR 2020) is Social work research: Contributing to innovation in practice, policy and social development. ECSWR 2020 focuses on how the diversity of social work research methodologies, approaches, traditions and cultures contributes to innovations in social work practice and policy, and to social development more broadly, at local, regional, national, international levels. Researchers, scholars, practitioners and students are invited to submit abstracts for the below proposal types.
ORAL PAPER PRESENTATIONThe oral paper presentation may be authored by an individual or by a group. The abstract should be in line with the main theme of the conference and linked to the conference's sub-themes. The oral presentations will be grouped in parallel sessions based on the sub-themes. The abstract submitted should be 500 words or less. More information about the abstract is provided below.
POSTER PRESENTATIONThe poster presentation may be created by an individual or by a group and is to be displayed on a portable wall. At times, the author(s) of the poster will accompany it, to answer questions that people have. To apply for a poster presentation, the author(s) must submit an abstract of a maximum of 500 words. More information about the abstract is provided below.
SYMPOSIUMThe symposium presentation is a self-organised seminar of three (or more) papers on a common topic which are presented within the same session and are in line with the conference's main theme, as well as one or more of the sub-themes.
- An abstract (maximum 500 words) that describes the theme of the symposium and which argues for the importance of it within the framework of the conference;
- A shorter abstract (maximum 300 words) for each of the papers included in the proposed symposium.
- One person should log in and define themselves as Author 1, and then add all the other authors as Author 2, Author 3, … Author n (n = total number of participants in the symposium);
- In the field 'Title of Contribution', please enter the name of the proposed symposium;
- In the field 'Abstract', please enter the text of the abstract (maximum 500 words) in which the symposium is described;
- Upload the abstracts of the symposium papers using the following steps:
- On the website, there is a template for abstracts which can be downloaded;
- List the abstracts on the abstract template as follows:
- Paper 1: title + abstract (up to maximum 300 words);
- Paper 2: title + abstract (up to maximum 300 words);
- Paper n: title + abstract (up to maximum 300 words).
- The updated template must be saved in .doc(x) or .pdf on your computer;
- Upload the updated template in the platform, in the specific section.
- When applying for a symposium, one person is responsible for submitting the following:
WORKSHOPA self-organized seminar of one or more presentations relevant to the conference theme/sub-themes. Workshops are intended to be thoroughly interactive with considerable participation and discussion from those attending. Workshops may have an explicit agenda of training participants on a given topic or of generating an interest group or a network for future collaboration. If applying for a workshop, please submit an abstract of 500 words or less including a description of the content and how it will be delivered (pedagogical methods, etc.).
All abstracts must be relevant to the central conference theme and/or subthemes. Preference will be given to abstracts that are strongly linked to the conference theme and/or subthemes, so we encourage authors to show this explicitly. Authors are also asked to mention one or two theoretical or empirical references that inform or inspire the abstract. In addition, we actively welcome proposals for symposia and/or workshops by the Special Interest Groups. Please note that authors may submit a maximum of three abstracts as follows: one abstract of which they are the main author and two abstracts of which they are a co-author. All abstracts must be submitted online using the abstract management system, which is now accessible.
Click here go to submission site.
Following the link you will be asked to create an account from which you will log in. Click on the 'New Submission' link, and follow the further instructions. Submitted abstracts will be reviewed by an international panel. Decisions will be notified by 13th of December 2019 to the e-mail address provided by the authors when registering.
June 14, 2019 Call for Abstracts
September 30, 2019 Registration Opens
October 20, 2019 Abstract Submission Deadline
December 13, 2019 Notification of Abstract Acceptance
January 24, 2020 Early Bird Registration Deadline
February 14, 2020 Deadline for Presenter Registration
April 3, 2020 Registration Closes
22-24 April 2020 ECSWR 2020
More information on ESCWR website: https://ecswr2020.org/en/default.asp